Priyanka Chopra's hunt for talent

After rocking designer jeans for Levi’s, Priyanka Chopra stepped out last evening to launch a first-of-its kind talent hunt along with the legendary brand.

“What does an artist really want? To be noticed, to be heard. A platform for somebody to say ‘Oh my god! I really liked what you did,’ and we have so much potential in this country. We have bands coming out of colleges, nukkads, out of their homes and garages, and they just don’t have an opportunity to be heard. But here, Levi’s is giving a chance to a band from anywhere to come out and put their music up. You actually get the entire world to hear you, which is a fantastic platform,” said the actress.

She encouraged youngsters to put forth their music and showcase their talent to the world. In return, if you won, you could have the ex-Ms. World and Bollywood’s top actress dancing to your tune in your music video. She said that coming from a small town like Bareilly, she desperately needed that lucky break, which she got through the beauty pageant. And so, she hopes that this talent hunt that she is lending her name and face to will give some young emerging artist that lucky chance to prove themselves as well.

“It’s really about encouraging young talent. That’s exactly what you want. I don’t think I would be here if I didn’t get a lucky break. And it’s just really about finding that lucky break for yourself. I mean, when I was in my teens, I won Ms. World when I was 17, and you know at that age you don’t really know what it is that you want. All you know is that you are enthused with this energy to conquer the entire world and you don’t know what to do about it. And here you are actually getting a medium to do something about it, which is fantastic.”

“I know many people would say ‘Iske baad kya?’ But I would say that at least, you are getting this. Then if you are good enough and if you have destiny on your side and you are meant to make it big, you will do that. But what we are talking about here and why I am involved in it is because it is giving young people a chance to make it in a field that they want to!,” she adds.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...