Hrithik rocks Dubai!

At the Zee Dubai Mega Mela, the star brought about a whole lot of dhoom for his fans

Hrithik Roshan couldn’t make his scheduled appearance on the first day of the Zee Dubai Mega Mela on April 1, but he made up for that absence by giving his fans an evening to remember on April 2. The Philips Fashion Catwalk, in association with Masala!, at the Amphitheatre, Dubai Media City, was where visitors to the Mela first got to see Hrithik. And believe us when we say that they brought the house down with their cheering, clapping and whistling for the Bollywood heartthrob.

The catwalk arena was packed with HR fans, and when the man himself walked on stage, there was absolute dhoom. Wearing a black jacket and trousers, with a white shirt, his hair styled into a ponytail, Hrithik looked his usual fantastic self. “Ten years on stage, but I still get nervous. So keep the love coming,” he said. That got him a fresh round of cheering from the audience, as also the fact that he called Dubai his ‘home away from home’.

From the fashion catwalk, Hrithik moved to the Moulinex Chefs’ Theatre, where he confessed that boiling eggs was all the cooking that he did. “Boiled eggs are very healthy!” he said. And Hrithik revealed that he was a complete ‘foodaholic’. “If I weren’t an actor, I’d be fat, and happy-fat at that. People have actually said to me, ‘Stop eating now. I’m getting sick just looking at you.’” He added that he’s had to put on a lot of weight for the movie ‘Guzaarish.’ “Just two months ago, I had a 36-inch waist.” Forget the six and eight packs of other heroes, Hrithik says he had a ‘family pack’. “I had to quickly lose that weight so I was recognizable and not booed off stage.” And what’s the secret of his amazing physique? Hrithik says it’s all about eating healthy and exercising.

Later, Hrithik was at the du and Timex entertainment stage, where he delighted fans by doing his signature shoulder flex dance move from his debut film ‘Kaho Na Pyaar Hai’. “Now I’m embarrassed,” he said after. Later, he also took time out to shake hands and interact with fans, driving the crowds absolutely wild.

So what else did one of Bollywood’s hottest hunks share at Day 2 of the Zee Dubai Mega Mela? Read on to find out.

Hrithik’s favourite actress
“Now since it’s time to fly ‘Kites’, it’s Barbara Mori.”

On his bearded, long-haired look
“This is for the movie ‘Guzaarish’ (The movie co-stars Aishwarya Rai and is directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali). I’ve been shooting for it for the past few months. Now I have just one more scene to shoot, and then the beard goes, and I get a haircut too.”

What he’d like his two boys, Hrehaan and Hridaan, to learn
“Children learn by example. If you want your children to lead a life of value and dignity, you have to walk the righteous path. That’s what I hope my kids will learn.”

Hrithik’s worst fashion disaster
“I’ve had so many blunders. That happens when I’m left to do my clothes on my own.”

What’s fashionable and what’s his style statement?
“I don’t think that people should think too much about fashion. Fashion is what you’re comfortable in. And I think the best style is when you’re not trying to make a statement.”

Hrithik’s favourite shopping destination
"Of course it’s Dubai. How dare you ask me that?!"

Hrithik’s favourite place in Dubai
“Right here, right now. I can’t ask for more."

Hrithik’s special message for fans in Dubai
“I’m so happy being here. Please watch my next movie ‘Kites’ and give me your opinion. Tell me what was good, and definitely tell me what was bad. The criticism is more important because it is the access point to growth. And that’s my mission, to grow as an actor, creative person, and human being.”

Did you know?
Hrithik himself designed the mask that his character wears in ‘Krissh’ It took him six months to develop!

Hrithik will be making special appearances at the Zee Dubai Mega Mela today (April 3) as well, and musicians Shankar Ehsaan Loy will be performing too. If you buy your ticket before 6pm at the Box Office (opposite the Radisson Blu, Dubai Media City), you can enjoy the special '2 for 1 ticket offer' on all ticket categories.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...