Rani ka Dil Bole Hadippa

Rani Mukerji is back this week after over a year with Dil Bole Hadippa. The sparkling actress who has done a wonderful job in the film, talks about her new body and glamorous image and her expectations from the film.

On her new look and toned body

When you tone your body, you feel confident about flaunting your body and wearing certain clothes. It’s not that I haven’t shown off my midriff or my legs before but I worked on acquiring an athletic body and wanted to show it off.

My character Veera has very limited scope to come in different avatars and even Veer is covered from top to bottom. It was the team’s idea to flaunt my body in the music video because I had worked so hard on it. The movie didn’t give me the scope to show off how hard I worked. The music video where we have taken some liberties, gave me the opportunity to show off. It wasn’t on the agenda initially; I just went with the flow during the making of Hadippa. Working out for an athletic body, putting on a beard and playing cricket well were equally difficult but you need to go through the grind if you want to reap the benefits.

Being an Indian actress you have to be glamourous also and people have got a chance to see a new side of me.

On the response to her new look

People have been extremely kind. I have got wonderful and wondrous compliments from a lot of people I have met and even on the internet. I worked very hard so it feels good.

On her expectations from the film and being a regular feature in YRF productions

I only want my audience to like my work. If they enjoy my work in the film, I have won my battle.

This film is for my fans who like to see me doing comedy and being happy. It’s a big compliment to be called a resident Yash Raj heroine but I want to do roles that are worth my while. YRF has offered me great roles that allow me to push my boundaries as an actress.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...