Kat prefers Neil, John to Akshay

Katrina Kaif is often quite correct, especially when she travels to promote her movies.

But when she came to Delhi recently, there was a new, funny, zingy side to Kat. “I’ve too much energy and I don’t know what to do with it,” she proclaimed.

Since her co-stars this time are John Abraham and Neil Nitin Mukesh, is all that energy coming from the fact that she’s finally working with people her age? “I think so. It allows you to have a certain comfort level,” says Kat. “When you’re working with somebody so senior, who has achieved so much and has done 89 films, those backslapping moments aren’t there. That does not mean that you have to backslap your co-stars, not at all. But with actors my age, our mentality is the same. There’s the ‘been there, done that’ element with the seniors. So, while I may be going yackety-yak and blah blah, Akshay (Kumar) may just tell me, ‘Oh Katrina, please go talk to Jenny (his trainer from London)’. And there were times when I asked Akshay, ‘Can I take Jenny with me?’ And he was like, ‘Please, please, go. For me. Please!’ It’s different when the person whom you’re going yackety-yak with talks back to you and enjoys it. Your wavelength is the same,” she admits.

The two films that have been released after the producers’ strike ended haven’t had a very encouraging response. How does she think the audience is going to react to her film? “See, it can go two ways. One is, ‘We’ve not gone to the cinema for so long, why should we go now?’ In which case, I’ll cry and you will see a Katrina-shaped hole in the pavement underneath any tall building. The other one is that the audience is hungry for a good film and you know me, I’m not gonna do a film that appeals to a niche audience,” she says.

It’s at that point that the organisers intervene – it’s been too long, Kat needs to give more interviews, we’re told. But the new, bindaas Kat doesn’t think she needs to hurry. She just crosses two questions off our list – one on Claudia Ciesla, and the other on her having trouble dubbing for Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani – and continues. Is she planning her birthday party in London this year (the Shah Rukh-Salman spat happened at her birthday party last year)? “I’m trying to. But now that so many people know about it, I have this awful feeling that something is gonna happen. Something is going to get delayed or some shooting dates will be shifted, and I won’t be able to go! But I’m thinking of going with my sisters,” she says.

But to come back to the questions she scratched off our list, does she really not want to say anything about Claudia, the German model who’s been linked to Salman? ’Coz Claudia’s sure been saying nice things about her! “I don’t know what to say about her. If she’s a nice person, I’ll take your word for it. I’m sure she is nice, I have no idea!” says Kat.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...