Ramu jokes about ‘Raavan’

Calls it ‘Mani Ki Aag’; plus what the director had to say about SRK’s ‘Ra.One’

Ram Gopal Varma might have been behind the disastrous remake of ‘Sholay’ (We’re all trying to forget ‘Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag’). But RGV does have a sense of humour about it all.

He posted on his Twitter page soon after the release of Mani Ratnam’s ‘Raavan’, “I hv 2 bear with my flops and then also wth everyones flops becos whenevr whoevers flop cmes they invariably compare it wth Aag. For Tashan they said its Aditya ki Aag. For Chandni Chowk they said Akshay Ki Aag. For Kites they said Hrithik Ki Aag and now its Mani Ki Aag.”

He added later, “Well am happy that if not for anything else I at least set a bench mark for flops :)”

Of course, Ramu wasn’t done with the digs. He posted today (June 21), “I want to remake Raavan and I want to request Mani to remake Aag.”

Then, he referenced Karan Johar with whom he’d had a war of words earlier, by bringing up ‘My Name Is Khan’ and ‘Kurbaan’. Ramu wrote, “I got a better idea.. I will make My Name is Raavan and Mani should make Raavan ki Kurbaan."

And then it was Shah Rukh’s turn to face Ramu's friendly fire. He posted, “Let's all hope and pray that Ra.1 does not become SRK ki AAG.”

A sort of dig at SRK? Could Karan Johar take this lying down? Not at all! So Kjo responded to that on his Twitter page with, “You have an amazing sense of humour ramu!! Never shows up in your films though....”

Ouch! Is the war of words still on between the two directors? Well, Ramu laughed off KJo’s comment, saying, “Ha ha Karan becos of the constant bashing I receive I developed my sense of humour as a defense mechanism. And talking of my films not having humour check out ths great comedy I made cald Rgv ki Aag.”

Well said, Ramu, and we’re glad to see your sense of humour stay fiery!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...