Shahrukh Khan wont celebrate Eid this year for Mumbai terror attacks


Several Bollywood celebs including Shahrukh Khan wont be celebrating Eid this year. Apparently Katrina Kaif (her dad in muslim), Irrfan Khan, Zayed Khan, Shabana Azmi, Farhan Akhtar, Javed Akhtar and many others including Shahrukh khan will wear black bands on Eid tomorrow in mourning of the Mumbai Terror blasts. Shah Rukh Khan in a media statement said, "I am happy to witness the new movement that's gripping India to bring about change. I am all for younger politicians who can bring about this change, my support lies with them. There's nothing Islamic about terrorism. I am Muslim, I read the Quran, but nowhere in the holy text does it say you can get jannat from jihaad. For peace in our nation, there's need to be peace in our hearts." I have been reading blogs Amitabh Bachchan, Abhay Deol and Aamir Khan all lambasting the terrorist attack. Its heartening to know that our Bollywood celebs have a mind and a heart.

This photo is of Shahrukh Khan being knighted Datuk in Malaysia.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...